I had a brunch party at my house not too long ago, and I made this easy fruit tart that I make when I am in a hurry and don’t have a lot of time.
- 1 roll of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- Berries or other fruit of your choice
- If you have a tart pan, that works best. If you don’t, you can use a pie pin. You can usually find tart pans at Home Goods, Target or TJ Max/Marshall’s fairly inexpensively.
- Grease tart pan with a bit of butter and then dust with flour.
- Spread the sugar cookie dough over tart pan and make sure you get the edges.
- Cook the cookie dough in the tart pan per package instructions.
- Make the instant vanilla pudding and refrigerate for at least 10-20 minutes.
- After you let the baked cookie dough cool down, add the vanilla pudding and then whatever berries or fruit you would like to add.
- This is something you want to make right before you serve, or at least the same day.
You can also use pie crust if you don’t want the fruit tart to be as sweet. And of course, making the vanilla pudding homemade is always better if you have the time! See my banana cream pie recipe for homemade vanilla pudding if you want to make the homemade version. My homemade pudding is to die for, but you have to have the time to make it.