I was on a 21 day whole body cleanse, and I could not have dairy, gluten, carbs, caffeine, sugar, and so much more! You can imagine how hard it is to eat when you have these many restrictions. I was playing with veggies, and came up with this clean salad that tasted pretty good.
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large container of heirloom cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cucumber with the skin off and chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- Dijon mustard vinaigrette (see below)
- salt and pepper to taste
Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon campaign vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Although I think the directions speak for themselves, here you go…
- Make the vinaigrette and set aside.
- Chop all the veggies and place in bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I like to use either sea salt or Himalayan salt.