Here is my spicy chicken and sausage pasta recipe I created a few years ago, and decided to make it today for a network meeting I held at my office. I made enough for an army, so I had tons of left overs to share with the other agents and staff in my office.
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- 2 links spicy Italian sausage, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 cups eggplant chopped into bite size pieces (I like to use the Japanese eggplant for this dish)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup julienne sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 garlic cloves
- chili peppers to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 (32 oz.) can of tomato puree
- 1 package of penne pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- olive oil as needed
- Parmesan cheese to garnish pasta dish
- Put olive oil, salt and pepper on the chicken and put in the over at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until done. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large pot or skillet coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil (approximately 5 to 6 tablespoons), and then add the sausage, onions, eggplant, grape tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook mixture at medium to medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until eggplant, onions and the rest of the mixture looks cooked. You might need to add more olive oil.
- Slice the two chicken breast into small bite size pieces and add to mixture.
- Add seasonings and julienne tomatoes as well as the tomato puree and cook at low heat for approximately 20 to 30 minutes to let all blend together. Try to squeeze out as much of the oil in the julienne tomatoes as you can.
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- Mix the pasta and sauce in a large serving bowl and serve.
- As always, add Parmesan cheese to top of the dish!
For all you vegetarians out there, this dish can be just as good without the chicken or sausage. If you like spicy dishes, you can just add more chili flakes!