Here is a pasta dish I was playing around with and it turned out great. My husband is not a huge fan of eggplant, but he actually really like this spicy chicken pasta with eggplant.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 large eggplant, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, Julienne style
- 10-15 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh oregano to taste
- fresh thyme to taste
- fresh basil to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 large can of tomato puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Baste chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper; bake chicken in the oven at 375 for 35 minutes (turn after 20 minutes); let cool and cut into bite size pieces; set aside.
- Cut eggplant into large pieces; place in a roasting pan; drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper; put in oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes; take out of oven and set aside.
- Add approximately 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil into skillet and add chopped onions; cook at medium high heat until onions are translucent; add chopped tomatoes, and minced garlic; cook for approximately 10 minutes, and then add the eggplant, garlic and spices; cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, and then add tomato puree, heavy cream and the chicken; simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes and serve over your favorite pasta; top with fresh parmesan cheese!