On my mission to eat healthier, I made this healthy low-carb quiche, and it turned out to be pretty tasty.
- egg whites from a carton (1/2 gallon)
- About 12 to 20 cherub tomatoes cut in half
- 1 bag of organic fresh spinach
- vegan cheese or your favorite cheese (optional)
- Italian spice blend or another blend you like (I have an Irish Garlic blend that I used that I buy locally)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- top with tabasco (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray the cupcake pan with cooking spray and make sure you get the sides otherwise the mini quiches will not come out easily.
- Put a small amount of spinach in each cup.
- Add 3 to 4 cherub tomato halves in each cup.
- Pour the egg whites in each cup and leave some room at the top because the egg whites will rise a bit.
- Add your spices on top.
- Add a small amount of cheese on top (optional).
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, and then use a knife around the edges to make it easier to get the quiches out.
The Chao vegan cheese I bought was very good surprisingly (made from tofu). I only put a tiny square on each quiche as you can see on the pictures.