I have been experimenting a bit with different Quinoa recipes, and made Quinoa Jalapeno Popper Tartlets. Quinoa is gluten-free and it much healthier than other options.
I like the Trader Joe’s Organic Quinoa that you get in the frozen section. However, you can find organic quinoa in other brands as well that require cooking it on the stove.
You need a mini tart pan which you can find almost any where these days.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 red fresno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- If you buy the quinoa that needs to be cooked, follow the package instructions. Usually it takes about 15 minutes to cook. If you buy the organic quinoa that is already cooked from Trader Joes, just heat up according to box instructions.
- Once the quinoa has been cooked or heated up, place in a large bowl and immediately add the cream cheese so it melts and mixes easier.
- Add all the other ingredients except the eggs and mix together.
- Beat eggs together and then pour into quinoa mixture and mix well. The eggs help bind the mixture together so that it does not fall apart.
- Spray your mini tart pan with cooking spray and then fill with the quinoa mixture.
- Cook at 350 in the over for 20 minutes and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Use a knife around the edges to help get the tartlets out without breaking them and serve on a platter.