I love Mediterranean chicken with rice and it’s a very easy recipe to make. It’s also very healthy. Quinoa would also be good with this chicken dish.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 to 2 lemons
- olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package of cherry, grape or cherub tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the 4 chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chicken as well as coat both sides with the Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic over the top as well as the lemon juice and onions.
- Cut the tomatoes in halve and spread them over the top of the chicken.
- Add the kalamata olives over the top.
- If you want, you can add more of the Italian seasoning to make sure it coats the vegetables as well.
- Cook in the over for approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over rice or quinoa.