I am trying to come up with healthier recipes for the new year! I am working on being completely gluten free which has been very hard for me. Here is a really simple and healthy white chili recipe.
- 1 to 2 cartons of low sodium chicken stock
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 small can of white beans, drained
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 thinly sliced green jalapenos
- 1 to 2 thinly sliced red jalapenos
- Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream to top (optional)
- sliced avocado to top (optional)
- Scallions to top (optional)
- Bake the chicken in the over for 20-25 minutes at 350. I usually coat the chicken with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper before baking. The chicken doesn’t need to be fully done because it will be going into a crockpot FYI.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut chicken into thin slices and place into crockpot along with the chicken broth, green chilies, beans and jalapenos.
- Cook in crockpot for up to 8 hours and serve.
- This recipe was meant for 2 people (approximately 4 servings). Double the recipe to make more. This recipe only filled my crockpot half way.
This is a super simple recipe, so you can always add more veggies if you wanted!