This Quinoa Curry Salad is one of my newest recipes I created. The curry flavor mixed with the sweetness of the cranberries and the tanginess of the lemon juice and zest all blend in together very nicely.
Quinoa is one of my favorite go to’s because of the health benefits. Botanically Quinoa is not classified as a grain, although nutritionally it is considered a whole grain. Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E, and fiber. It is one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids.
Most of the time I buy the organic quinoa in the frozen section at Trader Joe’s. However, you can buy the kind you cook over the stove as well.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 2 packages quinoa (Trader Joe's) Or 3 to 4 cups of cooked quinoa
- 4-6 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds Pine Nuts are also great in this dish
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons curry
- Heat up the Trader Joe's quinoa per package instructions, or cook other brand of quinoa per package instructions.
- Place quinoa in large bowl and let cool for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the juice and zest of both lemons as well as the curry and olive oil and stir.
- Then add the chopped scallions, dried cranberries and sliced almonds and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.