Chicken Cacciatore has always been one of my favorite dishes ever since I can remember. My Dad used to make this all the time, so I have fond memories of eating this dish with my family. This was one dish my Dad did very well, and one of many Italian dishes we cooked in our home.
I usually always serve Chicken Cacciatore over pasta, but it is also great with mashed potatoes.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||45 Minutes|
- 6 pieces chicken with skin You can do a combination of breast, thighs and/or drum sticks
- 1 32 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 package mushrooms, chopped (Optional)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package cherub tomatoes, sliced in half (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 3 sprigs chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat chicken dry and then dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet place a small amount of olive oil to coat the bottom and brown the chicken on both sides on medium heat.
- Take the chicken out and set aside.
- Place the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic on medium heat for approximately 8 to 10 minutes and add spices and crushed tomatoes.
- Add the chicken back in and coat chicken with sauce.
- Place in over at 375 and bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
Share this Recipe