I went to bunco night and wanted to make an easy pasta dish due to lack of time. I ended up making a new creation that turned out pretty good! I made a chicken pasta with sauteed red onions, red peppers, tomatoes and spinach. I made it a bit spicy with red chili flakes and chipotle powder.
I did use Gluten Free penne pasta which unfortunately doesn’t look ask pretty after a while because the noodles get too soft and break down. I doubled the recipe to make for a big group, but the recipe will feed 6-8 people.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- 1 Box penne pasta I used gluten free penne pasta, but you can use whatever type of pasta you want
- 1/2 red onion, chopped You can use a yellow onion as well, but I used the red onion to give more color
- 1 red pepper, chopped into short thin pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 to 3 cups roasted chicken, cut into bite size pieces I bought roasted chicken already cut up in the deli section at store
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder (optional)
- 1 container light alfredo sauce You can find it in the refrigerated section by the fresh pasta
- 1 container or cup red spaghetti sauce
- Cut up onions, red peppers, garlic, grape tomatoes and chicken as needed and set aside.
- Cook pasta per package instructions and set aside.
- Place all the vegetables in a large skillet with some olive oil and saute for about 10 minutes. Note: Do not add the spinach until the very end!!!
- Add the chicken, spices, aldfredo sauce and red sauce. Cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes and then throw the pasta and spinach in and stir. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes and serve!
Share this Recipe