My brother-in-law makes the best bacon with sugar and garlic, and it inspired me to try brussel sprouts with bacon and maple syrup. It turned out pretty darn good if I don’t say so myself. My husband loved it as well. This is a very easy recipe and can go with just about anything.
- 1 pound of brussel sprouts cut in half
- 1 package of bacon
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Cook the bacon either in the oven or stove top and make on the crispy side.
- Place cooked bacon on a paper towel to soak up the grease and let it cool down.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute the brussel sprouts in the olive oil over medium heat for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Add the bacon, pine nuts and maple syrup and simmer at a lower heat for about 5 to 10 minutes and serve!