Here is a really easy Cajun shrimp pasta with my own little twist! You can use chicken in this recipe instead of shrimp if you want.
- 1 package of spaghetti pasta (gluten free or regular)
- 1 pound of jumbo shrimp shelled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 package prosciutto chopped in small pieces
- 1 small container of cherub tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a skillet drizzle a small amount of olive oil in pan and add the chopped prosciutto on medium heat. Cook until crispy.
- In another skillet add butter, onions, garlic, shrimp, spices and prosciutto on low to medium heat for about 6 or 7 minutes. At the last minute add cherub tomatoes so that they don’t get overcooked and mushy.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and place into a large serving dish.
- Pour shrimp mixture over pasta.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Parmesan cheese is great with this dish.