I cannot claim this recipe because I got it from a friend who got it from someone else. It is always a hit when I make this pasta salad. The main ingredient is pesto, but sometimes I will make a chipotle aioli sauce instead which is also very good. I also switch it up by putting different ingredients depending on what I have or am looking to try a new version.
- 1 package of bow tie pasta (penne pasta would be good as well)
- 1 package cherub tomatoes cut in half
- sun-dried tomatoes (optional), 1/2 to 1 cup julienne style
- 1 to 2 small cans of chopped black olives
- 1/3 to 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 can of artichoke hearts cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 small container of pesto sauce (homemade is always good too)
- approximately 1 to 2 cups of mayo (try 1 cup first and see how it all blends together)
- 1 to 2 cups or more of parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta per package instructions.
- Drain and place in large bowl.
- While the pasta is still hot, mix in the pesto and mayo.
- Add the other ingredients and let sit for at least 15-20 to allow all the flavors to mix together.
This can be made the day before. You can always add more mayo or pesto if needed. The original recipe I got did not have fresh tomatoes, just sun-dried tomatoes. I like the fresh tomatoes better, but both are really good. The original recipe also included turkey meat, which you can add. Chicken would also be good in this.
Other things I have added before was fresh spinach, feta cheese or cubes of gruyere cheese, and salami cubes vs. turkey or chicken.