I recently had a broker open at one of my listings, and I decided to make my famous Thai Noodle salad that I have perfected over the years. I served it in Chinese Food Boxes that I got at Michaels and put my logo on it. This could be a great appetizer though for any party.
- 1 package of spaghetti noodles (this time I tried the short spaghetti noodles because I thought they would be easier to eat as an appetizer)
- 1/3 to 1/2 package julienned carrots
- 1/3 to 1/2 package of sliced red cabbage
- fresh cilantro to taste
- 1/2 to 1 full cup of peanuts
- 1 to 2 red bell peppers cut into thin julienned slices
- 3 to 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chili sauce or sriracha sauce (more if you like really spicy)
- 1/2 to 1 full cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Amino Acid or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- To make the sauce, whisk the peanut butter, chili/sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti noodle per package instructions; drain and then place in a large bowl.
- While the pasta is still warm add the sauce along with all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with Cilantro and/or more peanuts.
This can be made a day before. The noodles end up soaking up the liquid, so you can make more sauce or what I have done when I am in a hurry is just put some rice vinegar in it and mix right before you are ready to serve.