Tomato Basil Pasta is one of my favorite recipes because I love the simple flavors together, and I usually always have all the ingredients on hand.
- 1 package spaghetti noodles (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 package fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 small packages of grape tomatoes or approximately 6 Roma tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- olive oil (approximately 5 to 6 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta per package instructions, drain when done and set aside. I usually put a bit of salt and olive oil in the pasta water before I bring it to a boil. It helps so that the pasta does not stick together. Make sure to stir frequently, especially with the gluten-free pasta because it tends to stick together more so that regular pasta.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half or chop the Roma tomatoes put in pan with olive oil, garlic and salt/pepper stirring frequently. Cook at medium heat for about 10 minutes or so. The tomatoes will break down creating a sauce with the olive oil. The Roma tomatoes will break down more if you want it to be closer to a tomato sauce.
- Right before you are ready to serve over the pasta, throw in the basil and stir for about a minute then place pasta and sauce in a large dish and mix together.
- Serve with fresh basil and as always top it with Parmesan cheese!